The Society of Computed Body Tomography & Magnetic Resonance is now accepting nominations for 2016 Fellow Members. Please read the requirements carefully before submission.
All materials must be received by August 19, 2016. Nominations will be not accepted after that date.
To be considered for Fellow Membership, a physician or related scientist must meet the following MINIMUM requirements as determined by the Fellow Membership Committee and outlined in the bylaws of SCBT-MR. Candidates who meet these criteria will be presented to the Society for a vote by the fellows, which will occur at the Annual Meeting. Please note that while some candidates may meet the minimum requirements for nomination, that does not guarantee the achievement of Fellowship status.
Below is a list of the minimum requirements to achieve Fellowship status:
1. In order for a candidate to be considered for Fellow Membership in 2016, all nomination materials must be completed and received by August 19, 2016. Nominations will not be accepted after that date. The presentation of candidates and voting will occur at the annual Fellow’s meeting on September 19, 2016.
2. The candidate will have been a general member in good standing for at least two years before applying and must attend a minimum of one meeting.
3. The candidate must have contributed to the society in a meaningful manner within 2 years prior to consideration. This can be accomplished by either having served on a committee, having provided educational material to the website, having contributed to an ad hoc initiative (e.g. white paper or ACR consultation) or having been a previous presenter at a recent annual meeting (e.g. scientific session, poster, workshop, round table, or case presentation).
4. Candidates for Fellow Membership must be nominated in writing by TWO Fellow Members. Nominating letters should be submitted via the application
5. Physicians shall have practiced radiology for at least three years after attainment of Radiology Board Certification and scientists will have held a faculty position for at least three years prior to being considered for Fellow Membership.
6. At least 50% of the physician’s or scientist's time shall be devoted to work in body (chest, cardiovascular, abdominal, pelvic, musculoskeletal) computed tomography and/or magnetic resonance imaging, including, but not limited to, clinical or laboratory work or teaching. Time occupied by administrative or other academic activities may be excluded.
7. The candidate should be employed by, teach in, or maintain an affiliation with an academic department of radiology with a radiology residency program. This requirement may be waived for Fellow Members who work in academic institutions (such as NIH or AFIP) that do not have a residency program.
8. The physician or related scientist must have had a significant role on 10 original (non-review article) peer-reviewed publications on body (as defined in #6 above) computed tomography and/or magnetic resonance imaging or related topics (minimum of 5 of these publications in the last 10 years).
9. Additionally, of these 10 publications, the physician or related scientist must have at least five publications where he/she met the following criteria: the first author, or the second author with a trainee as first author, or the last author, where the latter designation was clearly in a senior author role. These scientific (clinical or laboratory) publications will be published in major refereed journals. Abstracts, case reports, and technical notes are not acceptable to fulfill this requirement.
10. The candidate’s record of scholarly and service contributions should demonstrate leadership (e.g. book chapters, awards, invited lectureships, mentoring, national/international committee chairs, etc.).
11. A copy of the candidate's curriculum vitae must be uploaded with the application.
The following items must be included for the nomination to be considered:
1. Fellow Nomination Application
2. Two letters of support from current SCBT-MR Fellows emailed to Katie Robbins at email@example.com:
They must describe in detail the length and nature of the relationship of the candidate to the Fellow Member and need to contain a statement of the candidate's past, present, and possible future contributions (focusing particular attention on whether the candidate will make a distinct contribution) to the Society by virtue of his/her national or international reputation, scientific accomplishments, excellence as a teacher, lecturer, researcher, or other scholarly activities.
3. A copy of the candidate’s curriculum vitae
4. A recent photograph of one's self
In order for a candidate to be considered for Fellow Membership in 2016, all nomination materials must be completed and received by August 19, 2016. Nominations will not be accepted after that date. Information regarding nominees will be circulated to fellows of the society approximately two weeks prior to the SCBT-MR Annual Meeting.
If you have any questions or require additional information, please contact Katie Robbins at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (703) 476-1149.